Thursday, July 17, 2014

Stampin' Up Blendies

I am trying out  the new Stampin' Up Blendabilites .

The first ones I received are  Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive.



This is my first attempt with these markers. I have used Copics for about 3 years and like them but wanted to try the new release from Stampin' Up.  I found that I have to use these markers a little differently than the Copics but I like that the 3 colours are packaged together. I found it harder to blend but I think I just need more practice.

Here is my first card....

Image stamped on Whisper White by Stampin' Up and ribbon supplied by Louise Cyr for me to practice on. For the middle of the flower I used Copics due to the limited colours I have in the blendies

I hope you like it, as always comments are appreciated.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Well done MaryAnn. I can see it so much better on my computer screen and I like what I see! Love the colors. Very lively.
I also find that you have to blend differently. I used the color lifter a lot with my first flower but I think like you say it's like anything else, it needs practice, and more practice and getting used to it. Can't wait to see what you will do with the 'ladies'!

Jamilla said...

Yes, very nicely done MaryAnn for your first attempt! I certainly didn't do as well on my first card. Can't wait to see what will happen when you have the whole palette of colour to work with!