Friday, February 8, 2013

A Recipe for Success!


Welcome to Jayne's challenge for the Two Scrapbook Friends 'Let's Connect Online Crop' and in this category it's all about 'Facebook' baby!

In Jayne's words...
I know how much you ladies love Christa's Recipe Contests which she runs periodically in the Forum, so I thought I'd do a similar thing here.
Below you'll see I've taken a few of the most common elements associated with Facebook, alongside which is an explanation of the technique/embellishment you are required to include in your creation.
I would like you to choose 3 (or more!) 'ingredients' for your recipe and include these on your card, layout or whatever other ingenious creation you would like to dazzle us with!

Here are your options:

Facebook: Include a photo/digi/stamp that is a close up or headshot. The 'Spotlight' technique would also qualify for the cardmakers amongst us.

Wall: Use something to create a wall (stencil/embossing folder/die cut blocks or shapes).

Post: Use journalling somewhere (strips, computer/handwritten, or a sentiment).

Like: Use a favourite tool/embellishment.

Tag: Use a tag.

Friends: Include photographs of friends or some reference to the word friends in your title/sentiment.

Poke: Include an arrow or pointed finger (like one of those cool vintage hand images with the pointed finger that seems to be popping up everywhere!).

Albums: Use 3 or more photographs/images/stamps.

Music: Use a song title or lyrics in your title/sentiment/journalling. Or you could even go literal here and use musical notes on your creation.

Games: Include some reference to a game such as in your photo's/image, title, journalling, embellishments
.





So for my version of this challenge  I used 5 ingredients:
 

Facebook; Headshot/close up Photo
Wall: Embossing folder of blocks/bricks for my wall
Like: A favourite tool...I used my fav punch by Fiskars wavy bracket and Ranger distress ink (Anitque Photo) that I use on nearly every page.
Friends: Use the word friends in the  title.
Poke: Studio Calico HAPPINESS speech bubble.
 
 Jayne said we only had to use 3 ingredients but most of my cooking recipes have 5 ingredients or less  so it was easy to add a few more when I started the embellishments.

Check out this and other challenges at Two Scrapbok Friends forum.  Have fun.

 

No comments: